Educational Financing 

Employees Provident Fund (EPF)


You can choose to withdraw your savings from Account 2 to help finance your own or your children’s education at approved institutions locally or abroad.


What You Can Withdraw

Total tuition fees/outstanding education loan OR Entire savings in Account 2 (whichever is lower)'


What's covered

1) Tuition fees and charges imposed by the higher learning institution OR Outstanding loan amount

2) Hostel & Accommodation Fees

3) One-way flight for first-year students studying outstation/abroad


Who Can Apply

1) Malaysians & Non-Malaysian

2) Below 55 years of age

3) Have savings in Account 24) Currently pursuing or completed - diploma or equivalent (academic/professional/skill-based/vocational study)

4) Studying at local institutions (full-time, part-time, distance learning and franchise programmes) OR Institutions abroad (full-time programmes)

5) Member/Member's children who quit/failed/withdrawn from approved education*To pay for all overdue payment fully to higher learning institutions within 3 years, starting from the termination of education; And settle remaining education loan with load provider institutions


Tuition Fees Categories

1) Withdrawal to pay your own tuition fees

2) Withdrawal to pay your child's tuition fees

3) Joint withdrawal with your spouse to pay for your children's tuition fees


Study Loan Categories

1) Withdrawal to pay your outstanding education loan

2) Withdrawal to pay your child's outstanding education loan


When You Can Withdraw

1) Every semester or academic year

2) Within three (3) years from the course end/quit/failed date for outstanding payments to be settled with the higher learning institution


Payment Options 

1)  Payment to Member If fees have been paid to higher learning institution (with the condition that the receipt does not exceed one (1) year from application date)    

2) Payment to higher learning institution 

 To settle outstanding tuition fees


What You Need

1) Documents 

2)Form KWSP 9H (AHL) and Checklist

3)Student's enrolment confirmation letter

4)Copy of identification documents with original for verification (Non-MyKad holders only)

5) Course recognition or accreditation lette

r6)Form KWSP 3 (Pindaan) – for mail submissions/failed thumbprint verification

7)Additional documents required for withdrawal for Member's or Member's children's education

8) The required supporting documents may vary for the 1st and 2nd withdrawal. So, it is crucial to compile all the required documents to ensure a smooth application process.


For more information on EPF Withdrawal Scheme for Education, 

please visit the following website: